This site is designed to inform the public about applications for hazardous waste permits submitted to, and
permits issued by, the Bureau of Land (BOL). The BOL Permit Section issues hazardous waste operating permits,
post-closure permits, remedial action plan permits (RAPPs), and RCRA Standardized permits. These permits govern
the treatment, storage and disposal of hazardous waste in containers, tanks, surface impoundments, miscellaneous
units, and landfills. The BOL Permit Section also issues Underground Injection Control (UIC) permits for Class
I injection wells.
Performing a Search for Permit Information
The search function allows the public to search for RCRA and UIC permit application information by:
- Facility Name, and permit application status,
- BOL Facility identification number,
- County, and permit application status, or
- City, and permit application status.
You must choose the application Status of "Active", "Inactive" or "All" via the
drop down menu.
- Selecting "Active" will include information for permit applications that the Agency has not made
a final determination on. A final determination means that the Agency either approved or denied the permit
- Selecting "Inactive" will include information for permit applications that the Agency has made a
final determination on. It also includes information on applications that were withdrawn.
- Selecting "All" will include information for all permit applications that the Agency has received.
Database Search Results
The database search results page contains a table with the search results that identify the following:
- Facility Name
- City the facility is located in
- Date Received – Date the initial application was submitted
- IEPA Final Action Date – Date that the Agency made a final determination to either approved or denied the
- Log Number – Logging number associated with a single permit application
- Site Number – BOL facility identification number Status - Active (A) or Inactive (I)
Obtaining Additional Details
- Additional information on a specific application may be obtained by clicking on the Log Number of interest on
the search results page.
- Information on all RCRA Hazardous Waste and UIC Permit applications for a given site may be obtained by clicking
on a facility’s Site Number on the search results page.
Search Permit Database